Advances in Ground-Source Heat Pump Systems, ISBN-13: 978-0081003114
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 482 pages
- Publisher: Woodhead Publishing; 1 edition (May 27, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0081003110
- ISBN-13: 978-0081003114
Advances in Ground-Source Heat Pump Systems offers an authoritative overview of developments in closed loop GSHP systems, surface water and open loop systems, and related thermal energy storage systems, also addressing the different technologies and components and methods of analysis and optimization, among other subjects.
Advances in Ground-Source Heat Pump Systems relates the latest information on source heat pumps (GSHPs), the types of heating and/or cooling systems that transfer heat from, or to, the ground, or, less commonly, a body of water.
As one of the fastest growing renewable energy technologies, they are amongst the most energy efficient systems for space heating, cooling, and hot water production, with significant potential for a reduction in building carbon emissions.
The book provides an authoritative overview of developments in closed loop GSHP systems, surface water, open loop systems, and related thermal energy storage systems, addressing the different technologies and component methods of analysis and optimization, among other subjects. Chapters on building integration and hybrid systems complete the volume.
Table of Contents
1. An introduction to ground-source heat pump technology
Part One Closed-loop systems
2. Vertical borehole ground heat exchanger design methods
J.D. Spitler, M. Bernier
3. Calculation of borehole thermal resistance
S. Javed, J.D Spitler
4. In situ estimation of ground thermal properties
5. Horizontal and compact ground heat exchangers
6. Analytical methods for thermal analysis of vertical ground heat exchangers
Z. Fang, M. Li, K. Zhu
7. Energy geostructures
K. Soga, Y. Rui
Part Two Open-loop systems and energy storage
8. Surface water heat pump systems
J.D. Spitler, M.S. Mitchell
9. Open-loop heat pump and thermal energy storage systems
A.L. Snijders, B.C. Drijver
10. Standing column wells
P. Pasquier, A. Nguyen, F.Eppner, D. Marcotte, P. Baudron
11. Borehole thermal energy storage
Part Three Building integration and hybrid systems
12. Hybrid ground-source heat pump systems
Y. Kim, J.S. Lee, S.W. Jeon
13. New trends and developments in ground-source heat pumps
14. Heat pump modelling
15. Geothermally activated building structures
About the Author
Dr. Simon Rees is Associate Professor in Building Physics in the School of Civil Engineering at the University of Leeds, UK. He has been active in ground source heat pump research since joining Oklahoma State University (headquarters of the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association) in 1998 and has published more than fifty papers on GSHP and building energy simulation topics. His work focusses on modelling ground heat exchanger devices and whole system performance analysis. He participates in the European Geothermal Energy Council and EU Renewable Heating and Cooling Technology Panel concerned with shallow geothermal systems and is a regular speaker at UK Ground Source Heat Pump Association research seminars.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support
There are no reviews yet.