What is an eBook?
eBook stands for electronic book. An eBook is a digital version of a print book. Depending on the eBook format you select, you can read eBooks on your PC/laptop or any handheld reading device/PDA.
Why should I read eBooks instead of paper books?
eBooks provide a number of advantages over more traditional paper volumes.
- Portability: Instead of lugging around heavy paper books, you can download multiple eBooks on to your laptop or PDA (this is dependent on the eBook format selected).
- Longevity: Unlike their paper counterparts, digitized books will not decay over time thus ensuring that your purchases remain as good as new through the years.
- Instant access: If you are anxious to read the latest bestseller, you can download and start reading immediately instead of waiting for the book to be shipped. No shipping charges and no delay!
- Convenient: Most eBook Readers include the font sizing feature, which enables you to increase/decrease the size of the displayed text to suit your viewing preference.
- Cost effective: If you are a student, you can purchase eBooks (eSubscribe/DX Portable), print pages/chapters of reference (ePrint) and even create your own eBooks (eCompile).
- Search: The greatest merit of eBooks – you can search the entire book for words or phrases in a jiffy.
How much does an eBook cost? Are eBooks more expensive than printed books?
The cost to you if you are an Individual customer is the purchase price of your eBook. Once purchased, you can read it from date of purchase.
The cost to you if you are an Institutional customer is the purchase price of your package, which is a group of one or more eBooks.
Our eBooks are typically priced less than or equal to the list price of their paper counterparts. Our eBook prices are also less than online prices of their paper counterparts, when you consider shipping costs.
Do eBooks provide less or more information than their print counterparts?
In most cases, our eBooks are an exact duplication of the printed book, and our digital files are optimized for online viewing.
What are the formats available at the bookstore?
Our eBooks chapters are available in two formats – Adobe PDF and DX Reader. The Individual customers can read online in DX Reader. The Institutional customers can download chapters in Adobe PDF format and can read online in DX Reader.
Which format is right for me?
Our eBooks are available in two formats: Adobe PDF and DX Reader. Adobe Reader format can be read on either a PC/laptop. The Adobe Reader has a wide range of features like CoolType technology that makes words on screen appear more like words on paper. Page navigation, bookmarks, and search features are included. Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) is the open de facto standard for electronic distribution worldwide. PDF files are compact and can be shared, viewed, navigated, and printed (if allowed by the publisher).
DX Reader is the ideal format for instant online access to subscribed content. Its many features include highlighting, book marking, and annotations.
Can I view sample pages of the book before making an actual purchase?
DtiCorp.com has a ‘Sample Preview’ feature that allows you to view sample pages from the eBooks in the online DX Reader. The number of pages for each chapter in the eBook is pre-set and can be seen on the top title margin of the page.
Will I receive a receipt after payment?
All successful transactions at DtiCorp.com will be recorded in your ‘Order History’. You will also receive an email confirming your order along with your order details. This receipt can be used a tax invoice and can also be used for reference in the future.
What level of technical support/customer care does the eBookstore offer?
We ensure that all your queries are accorded the highest priority. Our Technical Help Desk aims to answer all questions within 24 hours.
If a new eBook becomes available or the book is revised will I be informed?
Yes, when new books are uploaded, it is flashed in the right panel of the home page under the ‘New Content’ section. You can also see the latest messages in the left panel of the home page under the ‘Messages’ section.
What is DOI?
The Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is a system for identifying content objects in the digital environment. DOIs are names assigned to any entity for use on digital networks. They are used to provide current information, including where they (or information about them) can be found on the Internet. Information about a digital object may change over time, including where to find it, but its DOI will not change.
The DOI system provides a framework for persistent identification, managing intellectual content, managing metadata, linking customers with content suppliers, facilitating electronic commerce, and enabling automated management of media. DOIs can be used for any form of management of any data, whether commercial or non-commercial.
In this site every chapter is assigned a DOI with the help of which you can access more information about that particular chapter by doing mouse-over the link For More Information available for every chapter under the ‘Choose a Topic’ section.
Is there any expiry period for viewing the eBooks?
How does one purchase an eBook?
- Browse and add to your Shopping Cart
- In ‘HVAC eBooks’, browse our eBook selections until you find a book you would like to purchase.
- Select the radio button. and click on Add To Cart. This will bring up the Shopping Cart page with your selection added to the shopping cart.
- To remove a book from your shopping cart, check the remove box and click on Re-Calculate.
- To continue to browse and shop for more eBooks, click on Continue Shopping.
- To proceed to the checkout, click on Checkout.
- Review the User Agreement and click on I Agree, which takes you to the Registration page. If you already are a member, type in your username and password to sign in. If not, click on Register in order to fill in the registration form.
- Once registered, you have the advantage of “any time” access to your online book purchases, which are securely archived in “My DTI.”
- An e-mail is sent to you with your Username and Password.
- Click on View Cart to go to the Shopping Cart page and if your shopping is over, click on Confirm Order.
- This will launch the Online Payment page where you can type your credit card details and click on Submit.
- Your purchases are securely archived in “My DTI.” You can access there the books you have purchased for online viewing, and browse through your account history.
- If you are an Institution or Organization interested in subscribing to our eBooks go to Subscription Info.
How do I get my password if I forget it?
In case you forget your password, click on Forgot Password and submit your username. Your password will be emailed to you instantly. In case of any further enquiries, click on Email Technical Support.
How is DtiCorp.com organized?
DtiCorp.com is organized into 11 major categories. Each book included on the site has been assigned to one or more categories so that users can easily see the depth of coverage on a particular topic.
Can one book appear in more than one place on the taxonomy?
Yes – that’s the idea. Some topics are found in more than one discipline. As such, books covering that topic will appear in more than one location.
What is the difference between “Full Text” and PDF?
There is no difference in the content. Both links present the complete chapter exactly as it appears in the book.