Theory and Calculation of Heat Transfer in Furnaces, ISBN-13: 978-0128009666
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 350 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (April 21, 2016)
- Authors: Yanguo Zhang, Qinghai Li, Hui Zhou
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128009667
- ISBN-13: 978-0128009666
A comprehensive resource on the simultaneous physical and chemical processes that occur in boiler combustion, flow, heat transfer, and mass transfer.
Theory and Calculation of Heat Transfer in Furnaces covers the heat transfer process in furnaces, how it is related to energy exchange, the characteristics of efficiency, and the cleaning of combustion, providing readers with a comprehensive understanding of the simultaneous physical and chemical processes that occur in boiler combustion, flow, heat transfer, and mass transfer.
Theory and Calculation of Heat Transfer in Furnaces provides a bridge between the fundamental principles of radiation heat transfer in furnaces and real-world engineering applications. The book guides engineers in applying the basic principles of heat transfer to specific thermal calculations for boilers, showing how to understand and simplify a real and complex problem and then solve it using theoretical physics.
Theory and Calculation of Heat Transfer in Furnaces delivers practical solutions to the operational problems specific to boiler design. It covers all the typical boilers, including power plant boilers, turbines, engines, and several other industry boilers and stoves. The book also covers most fuels such as coal, gas, oil, etc.
– Radiative characteristics of flame and flue gas (with walls)
- Description of the relatively novel concept of heat transfer in fluidized beds
- Thermal calculations for furnaces in three typical types of boilers
- Coverage of the effects of ash deposition and slagging on the heat transfer of heating surfaces
– Discussion of furnace heat transfer measurement, including flame emissivity and heat flux meters
This book offers the engineer a relatively simple and useful textbook which combines coverage of mature technologies as well as current advances, providing a valuable reference for complex engineering design endeavors.
About the Author
He has experience both in teaching and industry application in the field of combustion engineering for more than 15 years. His researching fields include:
1. Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Incineration and its pollution control.
2. Biomass combustion and generate electricity power.
3. Wood coal pyrolysis and gasification.
4. Waste Heat Recovery Technologies R&D.
5. Horizontal fluidized bed boiler R&D
Associate professor, PhD supervisor, registered constructor, registered power engineer, PMP member of project management institute, graduated from Tsinghua university and obtained dual bachelor degrees in thermal engineering and environmental engineering in 1996. In 2002 he started his PhD study and obtained PhD degree in 2008. His research interest covers biomass combustion, waste incineration, energy saving and pollution reduction, industrial boiler design. He is the author or coauthor of more than 80 scientific papers and holds more than 20 patents.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support