Refrigeration Systems and Applications 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0470747407
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 482 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (June 14, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470747404
- ISBN-13: 978-0470747407
Refrigeration Systems and Applications, 2nd Edition offers a comprehensive treatise that addresses real-life technical and operational problems, enabling the reader to gain an understanding of the fundamental principles and the practical applications of refrigeration technology. New and unique analysis techniques (including exergy as a potential tool), models, correlations, procedures and applications are covered, and recent developments in the field are included – many of which are taken from the author’s own research activities in this area. The book also includes some discussion of global warming issues and its potential solutions.
- Enables the reader to gain an understanding of the fundamental principles and the practical applications of refrigeration technologies.
- Discusses crucial industrial technical and operational problems, as well as new performance improvement techniques and tools for better design and analysis.
- Includes fundamental aspects of thermodynamics, fluid flow, and heat transfer, refrigerants, refrigeration cycles and systems, advanced refrigeration cycles and systems, including some novel applications, heat pumps, heat pipes and many more.
- Provides easy to follow explanations, numerous new chapter-end problems and worked-out examples as learning aids for students and instructors.
Refrigeration is extensively used in a variety of thermal engineering applications ranging from the cooling of electronic devices to food cooling processes. Its wide-ranging implications and applications mean that this industry plays a key role in national and international economies, and it continues to be an area of active research and development. Refrigeration Systems and Applications, Second Edition forms a useful reference source for students and researchers in academia and as well as practising engineers working in this important field who are interested in refrigeration systems and applications and the methods and tools for their analysis, design and performance improvement.
About the Author
Ibrahim Dincer is Professor of Mechanical Engineering within the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science at UOIT. His research interests include energy and energy conversion management, heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, drying, refrigeration and thermal energy storage. He has received numerous awards for excellence in research, and is the Editor-in-Chief of the Wiley International Journal of Energy Research as well as the Elsevier journal Exergy – An International Journal. He has authored or co-authored 5 books – Exergy, 2006, Elsevier, Porous Media in Modern Technologies, Springer, 2004, Refrigeration Systems and Applications, Wiley, 2003, Thermal Energy Storage Systems and Applications, Wiley 2002, and Heat Transfer in Food Cooling Applications, Taylor & Francis, 2003.
Mehmet Kanoglu is an Associate Professor within the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Gaziantep in Turkey. He has authored over 30 international journal and conference papers, and his research interests include thermodynamics in the power and energy industries.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support