Plumbing Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, ISBN-13: 978-0470173442
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 170 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (November 28, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470173440
- ISBN-13: 978-0470173442
Want to save time, money, and frustration on plumbing repair and replacement? Do it yourself! Plumbing Do-It-Yourself For Dummies turns even the most daunting household plumbing project into a simple, step-by-step process that delivers professional-quality results at a fraction of what you’d have to pay a plumber—and you won’t have to wait weeks for an appointment.
From fixing leaks and drips to caulking a tub or shower, to replacing a faucet, you’ll discover how to tackle 40 of the most common plumbing jobs in your home. Easy-to-follow, detailed instructions and hundreds of photos and illustrations guide you through each task. And, you’ll even discover what surprises to expect and how to prepare for them. This user-friendly guide delivers all the help you need to:
- Understand your home’s plumbing system
- Comply with local plumbing codes
- Fill your plumbing toolbox—including safety equipment
- Organize, plan, and prepare for your plumbing job
- Repair and upgrade faucets of all kinds
- Unclog drains, traps, and toilets
- Replace toilet parts and fix leaky tanks and bowls
- Stop toilet tanks from sweating
- Deal with noisy, sweaty, and frozen pipes
- Replace a dishwasher or garbage disposal
Complete with a helpful primer on choosing the right pipes and fittings for your project and understanding your home’s supply and drain-waste-vent systems, Plumbing Do-It-Yourself for Dummies is the one tool you must have before starting any household plumbing project.
About the Author
Donald R. Prestly is a former Senior Editor for HANDY Magazine for The Handyman Club of America as well as a former Associate Editor for The Family Handyman Magazine. In addition to nearly 20 years of writing and doing home improvement projects, he spent several years as a manager for one of the Midwest’s largest home centers. Throw in the everyday upkeep requirements of being a homeowner, dealing with the same problems and repairs as other homeowners, and it’s clear that he has the background and expertise to help do-it-yourselfers tackle home plumbing repairs. Plumbing Do-It-Yourself For Dummies is Don’s second For Dummies book; he’s also the author of Kitchen Remodeling For Dummies, published in 2003.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support