HVAC Water Chillers and Cooling Towers: Fundamentals, Application, and Operation 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1439862025
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Series: Mechanical Engineering (Book 220)
- 408 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 2 edition (November 16, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1439862028
- ISBN-13: 978-1439862025
HVAC Water Chillers and Cooling Towers: Fundamentals, Application, and Operation, Second Edition explores the major improvements in recent years to many chiller and cooling tower components that have resulted in improved performance and lower operating costs. This new edition looks at how climate change and “green” designs have significantly impacted the selection of refrigerants and the application of chilled water systems. It also discusses the expanded use of digital controls and variable frequency drives as well as the re-introduction of some older technologies, especially ammonia-based absorption cooling.
The first half of the book focuses on water chillers and the second half addresses cooling towers. In both sections, the author includes the following material:
- Fundamentals―basic information about systems and equipment, including how they and their various components work
- Design and Application―equipment sizing, selection, and application; details of piping, control, and water treatment; and special considerations such as noise control, electrical service, fire protection, and energy efficiency
- Operations and Maintenance―commissioning and programmed maintenance of components and systems, with guidelines and recommended specifications for procurement
This up-to-date book provides HVAC designers, building owners, operating and maintenance staff, architects, and mechanical contractors with definitive and practical guidance on the application, design, purchase, operation, and maintenance of water chillers and cooling towers. It offers helpful information for you to use on a daily basis, including checklists and troubleshooting guidelines.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support
There are no reviews yet.