Handbook of Coal Analysis 1st Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0471522737
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 240 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Interscience; 1 edition (April 27, 2005)
- Author(s): James G. Speight
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471522732
- ISBN-13: 978-0471522737
The thorough coverage of coal analysis includes:
- Detailed presentation of necessary standard tests and procedures
- Explanation of coal behavior relative to its usage alongside the corresponding environmental issues
- Coverage of nomenclature, terminology, sampling, and accuracy and precision of analysis
- Step-by-step test method protocols for proximate analysis, ultimate analysis, mineral matter, physical and electrical properties, thermal properties, mechanical properties, spectroscopic properties, and solvent properties
- Emphasis on relevant American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards and test methods, including corresponding International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and British Standards Institution (BSI) test method numbers
To assist readers in understanding the material, a glossary of terms is provided. Each term is defined in straightforward language that enables readers to better grasp complex concepts and theory. References at the end of each chapter lead readers to more in-depth discussions of specialized topics.
This is an essential reference for analytical chemists, process chemists, and engineers in the coal industry as well as other professionals and researchers who are looking to coal as a means to decrease dependence on foreign oil sources and devise more efficient, cleaner methods of energy production.
About the Author
James G. Speight, PhD, is the author and editor of more than twenty-five publications dealing with fossil fuel processing and environmental issues, including Handbook of Petroleum Analysis and Handbook of Petroleum Product Analysis.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support
There are no reviews yet.