Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer 8th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1119320425
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 1,046 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc; 8 edition (30 June 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119320425
- ISBN-13: 978-1119320425
Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer 8th Edition has been the gold standard of heat transfer pedagogy for many decades, with a commitment to continuous improvement by four authors’ with more than 150 years of combined experience in heat transfer education, research and practice. Applying the rigorous and systematic problem-solving methodology that this text pioneered an abundance of examples and problems reveal the richness and beauty of the discipline. This edition makes heat and mass transfer more approachable by giving additional emphasis to fundamental concepts, while highlighting the relevance of two of today’s most critical issues: energy and the environment.
Table of contents
2. Introduction to Conduction
3. One-Dimensional, Steady-State Conduction
4. Two-Dimensional, Steady-State Conduction
5. Transient Conduction
6. Introduction to Convection
7. External Flow
8. Internal Flow
9. Free Convection
10. Boiling and Condensation
11. Heat Exchangers
12. Radiation: Processes and Properties
13. Radiation Exchange Between Surfaces
14. Diffusion Mass Transfer
New To This Edition
- An improved treatment of thermodynamic concepts, with clarification of the various forms of energy and their relation to heat transfer.
- New material on micro- and nanoscale heat transfer and thermal boundary resistance.
- A more rigorous presentation of the concept of mixed convection.
- Ninety new and 225 revised end-of-chapter problems, with an emphasis on problems amenable to analytical solutions.
- The presentation is built around four central learning objectives:
- The reader should internalize the meaning of the terminology and physical principles associated with heat transfer
- The reader should be able to delineate pertinent transport phenomena for any process or system involving heat transfer
- The reader should be able to use requisite inputs for computing heat transfer rates and/or material temperatures
- The reader should be able to develop representative models of real processes and systems and draw conclusions concerning process/system design or performance from the attendant analysis
- Teaches students the rigorour and systematic problem-solving methodology developed and honed by the authors
- A wealth of example problems show how to apply the material across various engineering disciplines and fields
- Identifies problems that are uniquely suited for solving with a computational software tool, both to increase efficiency and to decrease errors
About the Author
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support