Electricity and Electronics for HVAC 1st Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0071496681
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 408 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition (August 30, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071496688
- ISBN-13: 978-0071496681
Master the Electric and Electronic Components that Control Today’s Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Systems!
Electricity and Electronics for HVAC provides an expert account of the electric and electronic components used for modern air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems. Packed with hundreds of detailed illustrations, this in-depth reference fully explains circuits, diagrams, digital controls, safety procedures, troubleshooting, and more.
Written by the renowned technical authors Rex Miller and Mark R. Miller, this essential resource covers all electrical and electronic principles and applications of HVAC, including basic electricity…electric measuring instruments…control devices…heating circuits…refrigeration and freezer circuits…and other topics. Designed to build knowledge, skills, and confidence, Electricity and Electronics for HVAC features:
- Complete information on electric and electronic components for modern HVAC systems
- Over 345 detailed illustrations to improve technical understanding
- Standard and SI units for all problems and worked-out equations
- A PowerPoint presentation for classroom use
Inside this Career-Building HVAC Tool
• Introduction to Electricity • Current, Voltage, Resistance, and Power • Resistors, Color Code, Components, and Symbols • Series and Parallel Circuits • Magnetism, Solenoids, and Relays • Electric Measuring Instruments • Electric Power: DC and AC • Inductors, Inductive Reactance, and Transformers • Capacitors and Capacitive Reactance • Single and Three-Phase Power • Solid-State Controls • AC Motors • Electrical Safety • Control Devices • Heating Circuits • AC Circuits • Refrigeration and Freezer Circuits • Troubleshooting • Controlling Electric Power for AC Units oCareers in AC and Refrigeration • Index
About the Author
Rex Miller is Professor Emeritus at SUNY College at Buffalo, having taught there for more than 35 years. Mark Miller is Professor of Industrial Technology at the University of Texas at Tyler.
Mark R. Miller (Tyler, Texas) is Professor of Industrial Technology and coordinator of that section of the Department of HRD & Technology at the University of Texas at Tyler. Dr. Miller teaches courses in construction for future middle managers and has authored or co-authored more than 35 technical books and many technical articles.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support