Audel Refrigeration Home and Commercial 5th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0764571176
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 768 pages
- Publisher: Audel; All New 5th edition (October 1, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764571176
- ISBN-13: 978-0764571176
Know how to put a chill in the air
Here at last is a reference manual devoted exclusively to refrigeration, both home and commercial. Beginning with the essential physics and math, it provides a complete course in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing both new and vintage refrigeration systems for home and light industry. You’ll find the answers you need, whether you’re a student, apprentice, cost-conscious homeowner, or skilled technician.
- Know how different types of refrigerants are used and how to handle them safely
- Perform routine maintenance on various types of compressors
- Test for leakage and resolve common problems such as freeze-ups
- Repair and replace refrigerator cabinet parts
- Troubleshoot common problems with home freezers
- Understand the working parts of both electrically driven and absorption-type refrigeration units
- Learn to troubleshoot and maintain the wide variety of motors used in cooling devices
- Service and repair automatic icemakers, water coolers, and display cases
About the Author
Rex Miller was a Professor of Industrial Technology at The State University of New York, College at Buffalo for more than 35 years. He has taught on the technical school, high school, and college level for more than 40 years. He is the author or coauthor of more than 100 textbooks ranging from electronics through carpentry and sheet metal work. He has contributed more than 50 magazine articles over the years to technical publications. He is also the author of seven civil war regimental histories.
Mark Richard Miller finished his B.S. degree in New York and moved on to Ball State University, where he obtained the Master’s degree. He went to work in San Antonio. He taught high school and went to graduate school in College Station, Texas, where he finished the Doctorate. He took a position at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, Texas, where he now teaches in the Industrial Technology Department as a Professor and Department Chairman. He has coauthored 11 books and contributed many articles to technical magazines. His hobbies include refinishing a 1970 Plymouth Super Bird and a 1971 Road-Runner.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support