Adsorption Refrigeration Technology: Theory and Application, ISBN-13: 978-1118197431
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 550 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (June 23, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118197437
- ISBN-13: 978-1118197431
Gives readers a detailed understanding of adsorption refrigeration technology, with a focus on practical applications and environmental concerns.
Systematically covering the technology of adsorption refrigeration, this book provides readers with a technical understanding of the topic as well as detailed information on the state-of-the-art from leading researchers in the field. Introducing readers to background on the development of adsorption refrigeration, the authors also cover the development of adsorbents, various thermodynamic theories, the design of adsorption systems and adsorption refrigeration cycles. The book guides readers through the research process, covering key aspects such as: the principle of adsorption refrigeration; choosing adsorbents according to different characteristics; thermodynamic equations; methods for the design of heat exchangers for adsorbers; and the advanced adsorption cycles needed. It is also valuable as a reference for professionals working in these areas.
In the late 20th century, the ever-growing awareness of the environmental damage which the use of CFCs causes to the ozone layer, as well as the increasing pressure to find alternative energy sources beyond fossil fuels, has rekindled the interest in the development of adsorption refrigeration technology. Adsorption refrigeration is driven by low grade heat, such as solar thermal energy, waste heat from industrial processes or power engines, thus it is a type of energy saving technology. Adsorption refrigeration is also a green technology because of the refrigerants it utilizes are normally natural refrigerants such as water, methanol and ammonia.
The authors have worked on the adsorption refrigeration for over 20 years, including adsorption mechanisms (both physical and chemical adsorption), thermodynamic cycles, and also thermal designs of adsorption refrigeration systems. They developed the composite adsorbents, constructed the zeolite or silica gel-water adsorption chillers, and also composite adsorbent-ammonia adsorption refrigerators, they even commercialized the small scale silica gel-water adsorption chillers. On the basis of the achievements of the academics worldwide and their own experience on the research, the authors in Shanghai Jiao Tong University have systematically summarized the technology for the adsorption refrigeration in this book.
- Covers state-of-the art of adsorption research and technologies for relevant applications, working from adsorption working pairs through to the application of adsorption refrigeration technology for low grade heat recovery
- Assesses sustainable alternatives to traditional refrigeration methods, such as the application of adsorption refrigeration systems for solar energy and waste heat
- Includes a key chapter on the design of adsorption refrigeration systems as a tutorial for readers new to the topic; the calculation models for different components and working processes are also included
- Takes real-world examples giving an insight into existing products and installations and enabling readers to apply the knowledge to their own work
As a comprehensive treatment of the topic, Adsorption Refrigeration Technology: Theory and Application is ideal for academics researching low grade energy utilization and refrigeration, graduate students of refrigeration and low grade energy utilization and experienced engineers wanting to renew knowledge of adsorption technology. The book will also better equip engineers working at companies developing adsorption chillers and graduate and senior undergraduate students working on thermally driven systems. The book is also a good reference for thermal storage researches as sorption thermal storage is one hot research topic recently.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support