The most powerful, efficient and adaptable water heaters available.
A unique feature of the MOBIUS T-M1 is its flexibility in large use applications such as big homes, hotels and motels, apartments and other commercial structures.* Up to 20 units can be linked together using a single main control system.* When installed in this manner, MOBIUS units can replace the space consuming, inefficient boilers used in most large buildings. Further, the use of MOBIUS units allows the building owners to customize the water heating system by using the correct number of units to meet the building's hot water needs. When you are using a MOBIUS multi-system, you don't have to burn a million BTU for one application - just burn as much as you need.
* Use a single Mobius unit, or link multiple units together for unlimited hot water - instantly! It's the revolutionary tankless water heater that fits in anywhere - from the smallest home to the largest commercial building.
* No storage tank. No pilot light. No big bills.* Unlike traditional tank heaters, Mobius hot water heater doesn't waste energy and space by heating and storing hot water. Mobius uses latest technology to deliver hot water only as needed. This way Mobius saves more than 45% on utility bills.
* From single family homes to high-rises, Mobius has you covered. For large commercial use, such as hotels or industrial plants, Mobius replaces inefficient boilers with customized flow and temperature control. Link up to 20 Mobius units together using one main control system. For total flexibility, Mobius is your system.
* Mobius tankless water heater is the only product of its kind to receive SAQMD (Southern California Air Quality Management District) approval for its low emissions.* With high thermal efficiency, Mobius uses much less fuel than traditional systems, is quieter, safer and more cost effective than any other hot water heater on the market today.
* Engineered with total efficiency in mind, Mobius uses "smart" safety and monitoring devices to ensure that the system is working flawlessly. Safety devices include an overheat cutoff switch, hi-limit and temperature sensor, computer controlled gas valves and freeze protection.
* Mobius uses only the best materials: all copper and brass water ways, stainless steel burners and rust resistant epoxy powder coating. Mobius is built to last!
* Modular tankless gas water heater systems are new to the U.S. water heater market and they address high demand requirements found in commercial applications and specific residential applications. The Takagi T-M1 System operates without a storage tank and all the negative aspects of storage tanks, namely STANDBY HEAT LOSS AND GENERAL INEFFICIENCY, to generate more than 100 gallons per minute of CONTINUOUS HOT WATER. The T-M1 system operates at a true 85% efficiency. We could comfortably argue that the T-M1 system's energy savings compared to a 100 gallon commercial water heater will be about 50%.
* Energy savings of 50% along with rising energy costs does not offer a very bright future for commercial tank type water heaters; however, the future is bright for specific industries that require large amounts of hot water that can take advantage of the new T-M1 system technology.
* The Takagi T-M1 is the only tankless gas water heating SYSTEM that we offer at this time that allows for future expansion. Up to 20 T-M1 modules can be installed together with a single multi unit controller. The controller is sensitive to low domestic hot water demand as well as higher levels of demand and brings on system modules as needed, always rotating the firing order.
* COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS:
* Most commercial domestic hot water loads can be satisfied with some number of T-M1 modules. Motels, hotels, dormitories, schools, nursing homes, hospitals, restaurants, laundries, car washes, etc. will all benefit from tankless energy savings.
* RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS:* Multi-headed shower systems, large tubs, multiple bathrooms or any time our residential models can not satisfy the domestic hot water demand.
* We discourage recirculating systems that put instant hot water at each tap. Although these recirculating systems save water, they waste energy.
* In the case of LONG hot water plumbing runs, zoning the domestic hot water plumbing into two separate demand areas, each served by one residential tankless, will increase overall hot water capacity while reducing water waste and energy consumption.
* T-M1 tankless gas water heaters make most sense when more than one T-M1 module is installed. Shower systems available from Grohe and other manufacturers, frequently have four to six shower heads and are best served by a multi unit T-M1 system, including a multi unit controller (RE-20) and a wired remote controller (RE-10).
* An existing alternative that does not work well, especially in a residential application, is multiple tankless water heaters installed in a parallel, manifolded system. The manifolded system has the disadvantage of increasing the initial start up flow rate which leaves low demand lavatory sinks without hot water.
Designed for commercial and heavy residential use.
Takagi Installation Video.